At least two options.
A home network - then before going in the field copy your data files onto your laptop then copy back on your home PC on return. A home networkis fairly cheap and simple to setup and would have other advantages - internet connection and printer sharing. There are two many different ways of setting up a network to go into here. Flashdrive - Simplest option if you have USB(preferably USB 2) on your PCs is to buy a flashdrive - cost from a few pounds/dollars depending on capacity. Plugged into a USB port the flashdrive appears as an extra drive. Plug in to one PC, copy the data on to the drive then plug it into the other PC and copy it off.
Chris

----- Original Message ----- From: Michele Lewis
Sent: Sunday, November 19, 2006 2:56 PM
Subject: [LegacyUG] This may be a dumb question

This may be a dumb question but...

I am FINALLY getting a laptop! I am excited about being able to do research in the field with my entire file available.

Here is my question... Is there an easier way to keep my laptop Legacy file and my desktop Legacy file current to each other than burning a CD each time and loading it on the other machine?

michele
Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/ For online technical support, please visit http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp To unsubscribe please visit: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp