Create an Event called NorwayBirth etc. and then don't
print the original birth field in the reports.
A real band aid but I will be thinking about this more
later. Also, just to cause problems, what is the
phrasing in the Norwegian language version? This is
where it needs to be fixed first?
That is why I suggested an alternate to the default
phrases for BMD. Once created, each of us can create
as many sentence clumps as needed. And the issue goes
away.
Thanks for your support.
Rich

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Rich,
> For some reason I never received your  reply,
> although it is found in the
> archives.  Maybe AOL's spam filter has  struck
> again...gin.
>
> You make some interesting suggestions.  I'd  suspect
> that Norwegian
> researchers are not the only ones dealing with this
> issue.
>
> What you propose is very similar to what TMG already
> offers.   (And if I
> recall correctly, Legacy v5 was to have a witness
> feature similar to  TMG, but we
> never saw that, either.)  I'd agree with you that
> perhaps  Legacy will
> incorporate some feature that will allow us to track
> this  data.  Until then, it is
> almost impossible to do.
>
> Given the current  constraints of Legacy, do you
> have a solution?
>
> Jon Raymond
> St Paul  Park, MN

*** Give the gift of Legacy for the holidays! Order online at
http://legacyfamilytree.com/Redirect/Store-Legacy.asp or call 1-800-753-3453.
***