Hi,
I've had similar problems but not with Legacy. Generally running certain programs invoked the Windows installer and asked me to insert the Dell Support CD. After a search I found an answer and it seems that some registry entries get corrupted. There is a Microsoft utility to sort it which is on my PC at work. I will try to find the details tomorrow.
Chris

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sherry/Support" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@LegacyFamilyTree.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 4:17 PM
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Help please!!

Art,

We see this occasionally with this and a couple of other programs.

You might go to the Control Panel > Add/Remove programs and see if there's
an installer listed for the program. If so, remove the installer.

The other option would be to uninstall Legacy and then reinstall, making
sure you have all other programs shut down and your anti-virus software
disabled when you install Legacy.

Thanks for using Legacy.

Sherry
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

We are changing the world of genealogy!

When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
Thanks.