At 00:49 07/12/2006, ronald ferguson wrote:
Phil, I have always found that they work, not withstanding the version.

You do not say how you tried to set them so:

1. Options>Customise>View and check Ancestor Colour Coding then Save - this will give you the coloured boxes on the name pahels for your g parents etc.

2. Tools>Set Relationship (from whomsoever you wish) then
2a. Tools>Set Direct Line as Preferred

It does work as I have just changed all mine and put them back again.

Ron Ferguson

Ron,

Thank you for that.

Yes, sorry not to have spelt out what I did.

I did both those two things!

Funny!

Well, no big deal!

I wonder if there is another option that can interfere with them working happily.

I'll play around with a few more

The 1-2-3 tag option is set and I know not what it does, so I'll start by unsetting that one!

Thanks for confirming it works for you.

Cheers

Phil

Phil Warn ô¿ô
Genealogists do it backwards
Family Historians take all steps
"The Warn family in Tetbury from 1722" <http://homepage.ntlworld.com/philwarn/FamHist1/index.htm>

*** Give the gift of Legacy for the holidays! Order online at
http://legacyfamilytree.com/Redirect/Store-Legacy.asp or call 1-800-753-3453.
***