Hi Stuart,
If they're not in the Event list, make them.
You can make them during the Gedcom import.
Start the import and then click Customise.
On the Items to Import screen that comes up - read the Help page under the Help button.
This tells you how to use:
Map to a Recognised Tag button
and
Create an Event for this Tag button

Now I've never done this as I've never received a complicated Gedcom - but it doesn't look hard.

Cheers,
Cathy