Please unsubscribe from all mail ex LegacyUG

Walter Badge
----- Original Message ----- From: "Stuart Gregory" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 10:16 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Mapping Gedcom Tags to Legacy

Cathy,

Thank you for your quick reply. My OP clearly sought assistance with
exporting to Gedcom V5.5, not importing. Since your reply, I have
checked again the tags available for export using the Legacy  setting
for V5.5.  None of these tags, and these are only examples of many,
are not included In the V5.5 list.

During this check I found that the NATU tag was available for export
(but, presumably, according to Legacy, not a valid V5.5 tag), but not
the other three. I am well aware that Legacy has disappointed a number
of users by not having a witness feature, but the ASSO tag can be used
for other functions.

Back to the NATU tag.  Although I can see it as a tag for export, I
cannot find where I can input the data relevant to this tag. I can see
no way of creating an event and associating that event with a specific
Gedcom tag as you suggest.  If I could do this, a major part of my
problem would be solved.

As for the remaining two tags, as part of my example, I cannot find
these tags to export, let alone know of an event associated with these
tags.  I would be very pleased if you could explain how I can "make
them".

Thanks again for your assistance.

Stuart
Perth  Western Australia