Hi Alastair,

Perhaps you could be more precise about what it is you are trying to do and the steps you've already taken? Brian was not to know that you had already tried his suggestion since you did not say so previously. BTW, Brian said in his reply "Click on the Help button on the Ancestor Report screen". Have you tried following his actual instructions - because although you say you did, what follows indicates you may not have. Please take a moment to reconsider the steps you have taken, and what Brian actually suggested. And please don't shoot the messenger. ;-)

Which report are you trying to generate, exactly? The Ancestor Chart, or the Ancestor Book Report? Can you work out what the number "285283394" that you mention is referring to - is it a RIN, or is it an Ahnentafel number, or something else? It might be that looking at a lower number, perhaps the one assigned to yourself in the report, will be easier to work out than that particular one?

The RIN can be turned off on the Ancestor Book Report, but I cannot see an option for turning off the Ahnentafel number.

Hope this helps, Alastair.  :-)

Kind Regards,
Wendy Howard
Kaiwaka, Northland, New Zealand