Myrna,

I can confirm that the create/export GEDCOM facility is working Ok wrt Ancestry
but haven't tried it with Rootsweb.
Unlike Cathy I put mine in C:\Legacy\Data and this causes no problems.

For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/
*Use Legacy Search - see My Blogs*
Includes the family tree for Alan J Grimshaw
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/Grimshaw/

> Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 11:49:19 +0900
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] GEDCOMs
>
> Hi Myrna,
>
> I'm not sure whether there is a problem with Gedcom export. I'm not
> aware of it but can't check at present as I'm rebuilding my computer
> and Legacy isn't back on yet.
>
> You don't Open Gedcom files in Legacy, you import them. Could that be
> the problem and they are there?
>
> Or have you not actually completed the creation but Saved the Options
> you want thinking you were creating the Gedcom?
>
> Hope that helps,
> Cathy
>
> At 09:17 AM 30/12/2006, you wrote:
> >Hello listers,
> >     This is a new subject. Is anyone having problems exporting to
> >a GEDCOM file??
> >     I just finished adding 2 more generations (data from England
> >on Ancestry). I ran the "Potential Problems" report and made the
> >needed changes until there were no more problems, ran "file
> >maintenance", saved and backed up to zip, double checked to be
> >sure the new data was ok. THEN, I went to 'file', 'export', then
> >exported to gedcom for Ancestry. I thought I followed all the
> >instructions (it has been a while since I updated to Ancestry)
> >but it would not load from within Legacy. So, I exported to
> >GEDCOM 5.5 then went to Ancestry and tried to upload within the
> >program. That did not work either. I tried to export to a GEDCOM
> >5.5 file again and open it in Legacy. THAT DID NOT WORK EITHER.
> >It hung up in Legacy.
> >     I do have the latest version of Legacy. Everything seems to
> >be working fine in the program since updating and I checked a few
> >of the new families and they seem to be okay. I did NOT try
> >running any reports because all I wanted to do was update my tree
> >on Ancestry. Anyone have ANY idea what is happening to my GEDCOM
> >files?
> >Thanks,
> >Myrna

*** Give the gift of Legacy for the holidays! Order online at
http://legacyfamilytree.com/Redirect/Store-Legacy.asp or call 1-800-753-3453.
***