Jan,

Go to the c:\Windows\Temp folder and delete all the files there.  Legacy
uses that folder for the "spill file" and it's possible something in there
is conflicting.

If the problem persists, please email [EMAIL PROTECTED] directly
and we'll work with you on this.

Thanks for using Legacy.

Sherry
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

We are changing the world of genealogy!

When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
Thanks.
  

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jan Roberts
Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 9:35 PM
To: Legacy Users Group
Subject: [LegacyUG] Legacy Home Page

Happy New Year all!

 

I don't often use the Legacy Home Page tab (Legacy Deluxe 6.0.0.118) but
decided to look at it just now - mainly because of Bill's post about not
being able to connect to the IGI and not being able to check for updates.
It reminded me that there had been a problem with the links to Legacy News
on the Home Page.  I still have the problem.  Can't click on "make sure you
are connected to the internet and then click here to retrieve the latest
news items".  Then I decided to check the Options button - it was set to
"never check the internet unless a link is clicked".  I changed the setting
to "allow legacy to check the internet" - hit "Save", and got the following
error message 

Error displaying Legacy Home page.

Error 13: Type mismatch

Would you like to TRY IT AGAIN?

It doesn't appear to be anything to do with which setting I choose, because
if I then try to select "never check ." again I get the same error message.

Does anyone else see this behaviour?
 

Cheers,

Jan



Have you unlocked the real power of Legacy? Legacy 6.0 Deluxe has 92 features 
not found in the Standard Edition. Learn more about these features at 
http://legacyfamilytree.com/DeluxeEdition.asp.

Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: 
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp

To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: 
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/

For online technical support, please visit 
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp

To unsubscribe please visit: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp


Reply via email to