Hello Sherry,
As per your email to me below. I have a 2g flash drive, now and I down loaded the small version of Legacy to it. I alsready have Legacy running on both computers besides that. Now the problem for me is what do I do next? I can't run it like that, because it wants to open it on the computer. I backed up one family file on that flash drive also. Now what am I doing wrong again? Thank you so much for your help.
Diane

From: "Sherry/Support" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@LegacyFamilyTree.com>
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Transfer files between computers.
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 09:13:55 -0800

Diane,

1. Save a copy of the Legacy6Setup.exe file to the flash drive, if you wish
to install Legacy on another computer.  Make sure that you selected the
"Download Full Setup" option when you downloaded the Legacy setup file.

2. No need to do a gedcom unless you're sharing with a non-Legacy user. You
just want to do a backup of the Family File. Go to
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Tips.asp, where you'll find an article under
"Backing Up and Restoring Family Files".

3.   I enter the data into the file on the flash drive and back up to the
hard drive.  The flash drive is not a good backup medium because they're
small, easily lost or stolen and fragile.

4.  I have a 256 MB drive which holds my Family Files with no problem.  If
you have a lot of pictures you're going to put on the flash drive, you'll
want one large enough to hold those also.  Of course, since the 2 GB drives
are so much cheaper now (you can buy one for what I paid for my 256 drive!),
might as well get the best bang for your buck.

The Legacy6Setup.exe file is only 27 MB in size.

Thanks for using Legacy.

Sherry
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

We are changing the world of genealogy!

When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
Thanks.