Loran,

There is no "must" about any of this. There are many of us who do not use the
system you outline for a variety of reasons.
We may not like many commas in reports or on websites. The format may not suit
the countries we live in (we are not all from the USA).

If our way does not suit certain facilities the so be it. We prefer not to use
them - or find a work around and often one can.

Finally, the way we maintain our data is our choice, they way in which we
utilise Legacy and other programs is our choice.

For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/
*Use Legacy Search - see My Blogs*
Includes the family tree for Alan J Grimshaw
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/Grimshaw/