Bob,

I'm not sure what you're referring to. The one correspondence I had with you
was asking about updating to Legacy v6 from Legacy v3.  Did you speak with
Jim on the phone?  Was your database corrupted from the hard drive crash?
If that happened and you had not saved a backup to a location other than the
hard drive, more likely than not there's not much we can do.  We have tried
to restore corrupted files and sometimes we're successful and sometimes not.
It's so important to do regular backups to CD-R or an external drive, to a
website or even sending them to a relative or friend.

I'm sure several people on the list can commiserate with you as periodically
we have to let a user know that there's nothing we can do to fix his or her
corrupted file and they neglected to do regular backups.  I *hate* it when I
have to notify a user that the file is toast, esp when there's not a recent
backup.

There are full backup instructions at
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Tips.asp, in the article under "Backing Up
and Restoring Family Files".

Thanks for using Legacy.

Sherry
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

We are changing the world of genealogy!

When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
Thanks.