CCC records are in the National Archives and at the Civilian Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. It will be very useful to provide as much information as you can, including date and place of birth and death (you may need proof of death: a death certificate, obituary, cemetery record, or funeral card, etc.). Those records include names of parents, birthplace, occupation, education, payroll details (often name and address of spouse, as well as the CCC duty and camp assignments. Some state archives also kept CCC records. Some CCC records include photos. Some local newspapers may have articles about the CCC activities in their area and some of the CCC camps produced camp newspapers. The camps were active from 1933 to 1942 and many of those men went directly into the military when WWII began and the CCC Camps disbanded.

I come from Iowa where there were 34 camps by the end of the first year (1933). I think there were nearly 3 million young men who served in CCC camps. Some did not tell their families, considering it a bit of an embarrassment to qualify as poor, single, healthy, and unemployed.

Hope this might help some.   Loran in Indiana.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Patricia WENZEL" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2007 4:51 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Re; Civilian Conversation Corp

Hello,
I would love to know the answer to this also.
Thanks
Patricia - in Champaign, IL

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello Diana:

My father was in the CCC camps in Michigan. How do
you go about finding his
records? What type of information was included?
Thanks
Tom Thompson
Bradenton, FL.

To find past messages, please go to our searchable
archives at:

To unsubscribe please visit:
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp

Have you unlocked the real power of Legacy? Legacy 6.0 Deluxe has 92 features not found in the Standard Edition. Learn more about these features at http://legacyfamilytree.com/DeluxeEdition.asp.