Dennis Davenport wrote:

The problem is that we both do genealogy and we both need to be able to work on the database using two computers at the same time. Does Legacy support a home network setup that allows multiple users to edit the database? If Legacy can't do this, what are my options that will allow us both to edit our data simultaneously using Legacy?

Legacy is *not* a network application per se. As others have, and will no doubt say, the family file can be opened by multiple accounts at the same time, however, only one of them will be able to update any data.

The best way to achieve what you're asking with Legacy, is to make use of the IntelliShare feature. One of your two machines (yours or the wife's) is designated as the Keeper Of the Records and maintains the master copy of the file. The Keeper simply gives the other person a specially marked version of the file to which any kind of changes can be made. At agreed-on intervals, the second copy is passed back to the Keeper, merged with the master copy and a fresh copy issued to the second person. See <http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/tipsIntShare.asp> and <http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/tipsNGSMayJun99.asp> for more information.

--
Regards,
Mike Fry