Stuart Gregory wrote
When I searched my database for Birkenhead (City), Cheshire (County),
England (State/Province), United Kingdom (Country) it was found in my
database and filled in the Core+ and Core fields exactly as that. I
don't know why you are having trouble.

How odd!

To be honest, I hardly ever use the Geo Locator and if I do it is usually to check up on a foreign place where I'm not sure of the correct way to write it. However, in view of the discussion on LUG I wanted to check that it did do what I thought it did UK places.

I just chose a person at random in my family file and it happened to be someone born in Patricroft in Lancashire. I clicked on the icon next to their birthplace and got "Patricroft,, Lancashire, England".

I mentioned Birkenhead in my post because it just happened to come into my mind as I used to live there, as did many members of my family. In view of what you just said, I chose one of them and clicked on the icon. I got "Birkenhead,, Cheshire, England" for both Core+ and Core fields. What I had previously entered in the Location field was "Birkenhead, Cheshire, England."

I then put Birkenhead into the Town Search box and it actually threw up three suggestions - one with the extra comma, one with Great Britain and one with United Kingdom. Fancy that!

The things is, I don't usually - if I use GL at all - use the search. I put in what I think is right and then click the icon. Obviously I need to click the icon first and do a Search! But the snag is that I don't really want UK or GB in my Location field. I just want Town, County and Country!

--
Jenny M Benson