I use Legacy as a tool. It records my data. It does not do everything I want
but that is OK and I do not have a problem with that. I just use other tools
that suit me.

The impression I have is that Legacy is in danger of becoming similar to a
Swiss army style knife that has so many blades and does so many things that are
seldom used, it will not fit into ones pocket and is so hefty the temptation is
to leave it at home.
 Roger Jones> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com> Subject: [LegacyUG] Legacy - What is it
for?> Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 21:46:15 +0000> > > Following recent suggestions
for additions to Legacy I received the email > below from a long standing user
of Legacy. As his views broadly speaking > reflect mine I thought members of
LUG may be interested in an alternative > perspective.> > Ron Ferguson> > From
: dlks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> Sent : 14 February 2007 20:48:53> To :> CC :
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> Subject : RE: [LegacyUG] Publishing Center suggestion ...>
> > I've been a LEGACY user / supporter since their first version in the early
> '90s and am always amazed with how ... in every new version ... they > are
adding more and more "features" to what SHOULD be a Family History / >
Genealogy program ... mainly to satisfy people who don't want to ( or are >
unable to ) use / invest in a word processor, photo editing, etc. etc., >
program(s), but are always "demanding" that tools like those be added to the >
program. All the arguments about being "needed" and / or ( maybe ) useful >
might be valid for some, but just tend to clutter up and detract from the >
programs intended function ... that of a Genealogy program.> > All the postings
on the users group site tend to reflect that by all the > "confusion" all these
additions are causing.> > I am not subscribed to the list, because I got tired
of reading all the > "wish list" and endless complaints because "something
can't be figured out" > postings ... I periodically read the list archives and
find many of the > postings borderline comical.> > It makes me wonder how these
people even find time to actually DO any Family > History research, and what
they would do if they had to use the "old" before > computers pencil, paper,
phone, and mail method of research.> > Please ... leave the program as it's
intended to be!> > Dick> > > researching SCHWEISS, MEIER, SCHMIDT / SCHMITT>
Visit my website at:>
http://www.harbornet.com/folks/dick/SchweissFamilyHistory2.htm> >
Live Search: Better results, fast
http://get.live.com/search/overview