Brooklyn is in Kings County.

On 2/15/07, Jenny M Benson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have found quite a lot of entries in the IGI which seem to relate to
my family.  I have printed out the relevant sheets and recorded my
findings in Legacy, but not yet had the opportunity to visit an FHC to
view the originals.

When enter data from the IGI, I include as Source Detail the Batch No,
Source Call No and Sheet No.  Is this the information I would need to
supply in order to order film at the FHC?

Yesterday I found my first record in an American Census.  I am used to
recording British Census information, where the full reference is PRO
Class, Piece No, Folio and Page.  What is the correct reference for an
American Census entry - is it just the NA Film Number and the page
number?

This particular Census record has the Census Place "3rd Ward, Brooklyn,
Kings (Brooklyn), New York City-Greater, New York." I understand the
word Ward and I know Brooklyn is an area within New York City and I
presume the last part indicates New York State, but I am confused by the
Kings (Brooklyn) part.  Can someone explain, please?
--
Jenny M Benson