Dear Wayne Boian:

======== At 2007-02-27, 13:54:00 you wrote: ========

I am just getting started in genealogy, so please excuse my lack of knowledge
and understanding.

I am doing research on the Boian family and found that one of my ancestors died
from "consumption". That term as a cause of death, is meaningless to me.
Probably because I am just getting started, that is a given. But what about
future readers of the information collected and printed out.

My question for the group is really two parts.
What is "consumption" as a cause of death?

and

As a matter of procedure when entering notes or data into the various fields in
the program, should words like "consumption" (as used above) be defined or
translated into today's common  language usage or should we enter the
information "as is" in the original documents.

There is always two sides to every coin, but was wondering what is the more
accepted practice (as is Vs re-define) when entering data or notes.

Thanks for your time
Wayne Boian

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Hi Wayne,
Welcome to the wonderful world of genealogy research.  :-)
Consumption = pulmonary tuberculosis (TB)
You can find out more about it by doing a search using Google or one of the
other search engines.
I would enter the stated diagnosis and an explaination/definition in the event
record.
Best regards.

                Claude Ortega
                [EMAIL PROTECTED]