Jenny Benson wrote: "With my experience, I do not understand why you have had no problems
entering Q# #### as Birth or Marriage dates"

Jenny I don't know either! I have been entering Q#, ### (with the comma) since Legacy allowed the quarter dates - the system has never alerted me to "bad dates". However, today was the first time I used that format for a death date (previously only used it for births and marriages). When I ran a Potential Problems report (which I always run after data entry) it flagged the newly entered death date as a "bad date". I then did as Cathy suggested and ran a Potential Problems report selecting "All Records" - it flagged nothing except for the death date I had entered today.

Ron has explained that the format I *should* be using is month[space]Q[space]year, so I think it best if I change to that format - I don't have all that many, maybe 30 or so. I haven't yet run reports (except for the Potential Problems), so I'm not sure if there may be problems just waiting to pop out....

Incidentally, the flagged person on my database was the individual that the date related to, not a son or daughter.

Min


Have you unlocked the real power of Legacy? Legacy 6.0 Deluxe has 92 features 
not found in the Standard Edition. Learn more about these features at 
http://legacyfamilytree.com/DeluxeEdition.asp.

Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: 
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp

To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: 
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/

For online technical support, please visit 
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp

To unsubscribe please visit: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp


Reply via email to