Hi Richard,
I think you do mean what Susan says and if the sources combined were
both attached to the same person, you do end up with two copies of
the same source attached to that individual (and for each and every
event they were attached to).
There is no easy way to delete one in Legacy. The easiest way to work
in Legacy with this is to use Show List for the Source, tag the group
and then open that tagged list in the Name List/Search List and use
the Sources Tab.
I don't know Access well enough to know if you can shortcut the process there.
Cheers,
Cathy
At 04:30 AM 27/03/2007, you wrote:
Richard,
I am not sure if when you said "Later when I noticed 2 similar sources
I simply merged them" you mean you did the following, or not:
Go to View
Master Lists
Source
Scroll down to the first identical source, and decide which is the
version you prefer. Highlight the unpreferred one, then click on
"Combine Highlighted Source with Another in the List" (at the bottom
right of the popup window). Now highlight your preferred one, and
click on "Highlight Destination Source, Then Click this Button." The
two sources now merge together, and anything that was sourced by one
or the other will now be sourced by only one master source.
If you do mean that, then I don't understand what else you are needing
to do. If you didn't do that, then I hope this is the answer you were
looking for.
Susan Daily
On 3/26/07, Richard Van Wasshnova <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is there any easy way to remove duplicate source citations either with
Legacy or by using MS Access?
I love the intellimerge feature to sync desktop and laptop data however I
once did it carelessly. On the desktop I changed some Source list names to
group all FHC films together. When I merged the files one set had different
Source list names which I foolishly ignored during the merge. Later when I
noticed 2 similar sources I, (again foolishly), simply merged them. The
result is 2 identical source citations for 3 (or more) LDS films.
Thanks for any help,
Richard
Have you unlocked the real power of Legacy? Legacy 6.0 Deluxe has 92 features
not found in the Standard Edition. Learn more about these features at
http://legacyfamilytree.com/DeluxeEdition.asp.
Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at:
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
For online technical support, please visit
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp
To unsubscribe please visit: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp