I for one am glad they don't use Yahoo! After joining a group on Yahoo I started getting all sorts of SPAM emails.

David Wilkinson wrote:
I've often wondered why Legacy doesn't use Yahoo Groups. I subscribe to other mailing lists via Yahoo Groups and have been very pleased. The user can select whether to receive HTML or plain text, whether to receive individual messages or to receive a digest. If they would rather they can choose to receive nothing at all and just log into the Yahoo Group website and review the messages online.

If the user chooses the digest mode, the messages are grouped and sorted so the reader doesn't have to wade through a lot mail that they may have no interest in. When using the HTML/digest mode, each grouping is indexed with the message header, you can jump directly the message of interest.

I believe the group moderator can either allow or prohibit attachments.

Yes, there is some advertising attached, but to me it is very unobtrusive.

Now that I've said all this, I'm sure someone will offer a reason NOT to use Yahoo Groups.

Just something too consider.
David Wilkinson

Ron Bernier wrote:
I have to honestly say, of all the mailing lists that I subscribe to, and there a quite a few, I have never seen any list other than the Legacy have so many people subscribe who have no clue as to what a mailing list is, or even that they are subscribing. I really think Legacy needs to put a new subscription method in place. After you initially subscribe, you receive a message describing the purpose of the list. If you want to receive mail from the list, you have to respond. If you don't respond, you are not subscribed. I also wish people would take a few minutes to try to learn what a mailing list is and how it works. That also would help to eliminate some of these messages. Bottom line, if you don't want to receive email from the list, don't subscribe. --
Regards,
Ron Bernier

Hello I am receiving your customers inquiries at my E-Mail address.
So far this morning I have received 15 different
E mail. Could you please rectify this situation.
Thank You Carmel.

Have you unlocked the real power of Legacy? Legacy 6.0 Deluxe has
92 features not found in the Standard Edition. Learn more about
these features at http://legacyfamilytree.com/DeluxeEdition.asp.

To unsubscribe please visit:
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp

Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp