John D. Taylor III wrote:
Sorry, It was at the start of this thread. "When using research guidance for
a person born about 1699 and died 1756 in the Suggested Sources tab, in
Goal; window, among other suggestions are, Virginia State Census, 1699,
Virginia State Census, 1701, and Virginia State Census, 1703. I have never
heard of these censuses, and after a web search, it appears no one else has
either. Does anyone know what Legacy it talking about here?"

There has been a lot of talk about it on the thread. Then Ann posted this. .
. "Maybe this might be helpful, I have a pamphlet with the following:

"Schedule of Colonial, Territorial and State Census Records
These are not available at National Archives would be available through LDS,
State Archives and in books. 25 cent donation." I am not sure where I got
this,Probably before 1998. For Virginia is has:
"1623, 1624, 1625, 1634, 1699, 1701, 1703, 1779, 1798""

Ann
New Mexico, USA

The first thing one must notice is that in the years given there was no State of Virginia. It was a colony of the British Empire. That means that there could be no State Census. With that in mind a search of colonial records, both American and British, might be in order.

Gene Y.
Researching Young, Zies, Harer & Cox.