-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Johnny
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2007 10:17 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] About Picture Filing

One of the best ways I found to organize and classify pictures and
documents for my genealogy is a standard naming convention using the
format;
LastName_ First_Middle_RIN_PhotoNumber (0001, 0002, etc.) for
individuals,
LastName_MRIN_MarriageNumber (1, 2, etc.) for marriages,
DocumentName_LastName_First_Middle_RIN_DocumentNumber (0001, 0002, etc.)
for Documents,
Headstone_LastName_First_Middle_RIN for headstone pictures, etc.

Using this naming convention, you can easily distinguish between people
of the same name using their RIN of the database and also locate
different items such as Manifests, Census, Headstones, etc. in a flash.

I keep all the photos and documents in the Legacy folder on Drive C in
subfolder Pictures, this way when I want to share any info with
relatives they are very easily located.

Hope this helps
John Valencic
On 4/14/07, Olds-Wills-Anderson-Simonson Hodges-Harris-Liikala-Jukkara