-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Susan Daily
Sent: 17 April 2007 07:16 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Sourcing Sources

Moira,
You can't do that (add a prefix) to the incoming source. The best
thing for you to do is perhaps import this to a new family file, work
with the master source list, fixing it as you'd like, and then import
that into your main family file.

Some purists, of course, will tell you that the source is the GEDCOM
(unless that GEDCOM was done by you), rather than the sources to the
data, which you haven't seen presumably. I make no such judgement
calls for other people. When I imported a GEDCOM from Worldconnect,
after emailing the author and talking about the tree, I imported it
into a separate file, cleaned up the data, then imported it into my
file but with the author and her WorldConnect tree as my source. I
added some of our email discussions as other sources and notes.

Sorry this isn't the answer you were looking for.
Susan Daily

On 4/17/07, Moira Pnematicatos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Jenny
>
> Thanks for the response but I know about that feature.  I don't think I
have
> explained correctly.
>
> When one imports gedcom's that already have sources attached to the
records,
> these sources get added to your source list.  What one ends up with are
lots
> of sources that you have not created yourself.  If I could prefix the
source
> coming in, I could at least know where it came from when I look at my
master
> source list.
>
> Regards
> Moira

Have you unlocked the real power of Legacy? Legacy 6.0 Deluxe has 92
features not found in the Standard Edition. Learn more about these features
at http://legacyfamilytree.com/DeluxeEdition.asp.