I have been running BootCamp for more than six months and have seen no
sluggishness.  It is my understanding that running Parallels requires an
upgrade of RAM to run well, or else it can be slow.  BootCamp requires a
decision to run Windows or MAC at boot up.  Parallels allows the user to use
both operating systems.  I know people who use both BootCamp and Parallels
and are very happy.  We all love our MacBookPros.

Boot Camp is a free download from Apple.  More info is available on their
site at: http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/.