I made one of our kids the starting point. Then I get both families. Crude, but it works.

      Elizabeth C

Jack Earnshaw wrote:

I used to have one database for my own family and a second one for my wife's
family. When we discovered the THIRD connection between our families I
decided that the only way to proceed was to merge the two databases.

That's been fine, albeit slow to do some tasks such as create web pages.
BUT, and it's a big but for me :-

If I "set relationships" with me as the starting person, then all my wife's
family are "unrelated". This isn't much help when researching parts of her
tree. So I then set relationships to my wife. But the next thing I get is an
email about someone in my tree. So I have to do set relationships again....

Would it be logical/possible to have the "set relationships" option able to
use a starting family (rather than person) and report two relationships -
left one based on the husband and the right one based on the wife - maybe
using different colours?

e.g.

Great Grandfather / -
- / Grand Aunt
3rd cousin 2 times removed / 6th cousin 5 times removed

- or would it just be simpler to ditch the wife?!!

Jack