From: Pat H
To: LegacyUserGroup
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 5:47 PM
Subject: [LegacyUG] Sources in Family Tree

In using Research Guidance, I am immediately taking to Family Tree, which I
think is and LDS site.  It gives me some data but not the source of the
data!

It does give me the names & snail-mail addresses of the people who submitted
the info but not the date of the submission or the sources of their
information.

Everyone knows that the validity of the source is of highest importance in
establishing the validity of the data so I don't understand why a website
related to the  LDS doesn't show the sources of the info -- since the LDS is
so-o-o involved in genealogy and has done so much work in preserving copies
of original records.

How do you handle this kind of thing?

Thanks!

Pat H

E-mail message checked by PC Tools Spyware Doctor (5.0.0.186)
Database version: 5.07690
http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/

Have you unlocked the real power of Legacy? Legacy 6.0 Deluxe has 92
features not found in the Standard Edition. Learn more about these features
at http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp

Have you unlocked the real power of Legacy? Legacy 6.0 Deluxe has 92 features not found in the Standard Edition. Learn more about these features at http://legacyfamilytree.com/DeluxeEdition.asp.

Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp

To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/