The guidelines are very clear about this (see the link at the bottom
of every mail):

5. Please keep to the topic of Legacy and its add-on programs. Please
don't send jokes, advertisements, political messages, religious
opinion, etc.

Evert

2007/7/11, Jenny M Benson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Jack Earnshaw wrote
>Do we have to have such texts at the end of emails? Not all of us have
>your beliefs, or any beliefs

It is very common for people to include a "sig line" with their posts
and e-mails.  I do it myself in most e-mails and messages (but not
within this particular list) and I see no harm in it.

The fact that you - or anyone else - do not share the OP's belief is
neither here nor there.  He/she is just expressing something about
themselves.  One of my most-used sig lines is a quote from Beau Brummell
in which he says he likes the mornings well aired before he gets up.
Would you object to me using that because *you* are an early-riser?
--
Jenny M Benson