Ron, I now see the Index Tab and selected spouse names for 3 marriages & was then asked to give my selections a name, which I did, but I don't understand how to display the info.

The reason I want it -- in this case-- is just to see whether the Margaret Snider I found in the 1820 census is Margaret Maidename married to a Snider & since I have LOTS of Margarets I don't want to look thru all of them to see if one was married to a Snider. Make sense?

Pat

----- Original Message ----- From: "ronald ferguson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 7:08 PM
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] finding woman using married surname

Pat,

From just after starting to use Legacy I put the married surname of a woman in the AKAs as I realised the problem, so doing makes life easy. You can also under the Index Tab>Options set it to show married women's surnames, so you can then just look through the Margarets; see also my very recent answer to Valeris re the Blogs on my website.

If none of these methods satisfy the reason for asking the question then perhaps you could say specifically what you actually wish to do with the information and we may be able to come up with an answer.

For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://www.fergys.co.uk
*New Site, New Blog!* Create Legacy Web Pages Trilogy!
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See: