Leo,

Apologies for my last answer in Rich text format (it's my default)!

If you have a scanner, you probably have an option to convert the
scanned document into text as it is scanned.  I need to do this on
"high quality" scan if the document is not very clear but it is a
great time saver.  You will need to proof read the created text but
that is far faster than my typing.

Cheers, Mitch