  From: William Range
  To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
  Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 3:06 PM
  Subject: [LegacyUG] County Didn't Exist Then

  When you are entering a place and the window "County Didn't Exist Then" pops
up, what do you do next?

  Example: An event happened in 1640 in Salem, Essex, Massachusetts, USA

  Essex County didn't exist until 1643. The State of Massachusetts didn't exist
until 1788.

  Would I put:
  Salem Settlement, Massachusetts Bay Colony or
  Salem, Essex, Massachusetts, USA

  What is the correct way for colonial times?

  Thanks for your help,

  Bill Range