From: "Pat Hickin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Default browser etc in Options>Customize>Launch Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 08:22:29 -0400

Dave,
Thanks so much. Windows told me to go to IE (if it had 4,5,6 and gave no instructions for 7, which is what I have). IE says it is NOT my default browser; Firefox says it IS my default browser. Which is the way I want it.

However, when I click ANY link in ANY email, NOTHING happens (includes those at the bottom of your email). I have to cut and paste the url.

On the other hand, when I'm on an Internet site, the browser DOES go to the site I click on. Though of course there are times when the url is not shown, but the message says, e.g. "click here to go to . . . " and I click on here but nothing will happen; at other times I'm taken to wherever without a problem. I haven't been very observant about when this does/does not happen.

Should you respond to this off-list? Or should I just try to get help from MicroSoft or Legacy Support and not bother you!!?

My computer does weird things anyway (when I was typing the preceding line, it wanted to do it in all-caps. I had to put the cap locks key ON to get it to type lowercase. This and other paragraphs worked just as they should in re cap/lc!!!)

Also, in Legacy when I click on Internet>Legacy Home Page and get the "no default browser" message, and click on OK, nothing happens -- whereas it used to go ahead and take me to the Home Page anyway (same with the other Internet options).

SO-O-O, I decided to go ahead and put in Firefox as my ALTERNATE BROWSER in Legacy's Options>Customize>Launch. However, even though I can put my cursor in the Alternate Web Browser space, and get a flashing straight vertical line, it will not accept single character I type. If I click on the "Launch" button, nothing happens. If I click on the "Change" button, I am taken to a folder I created "L_MULTIMEDIA BU," which is in another folder I created "1L BU 20060808-1248," which is in the "Data" folder inside the Legacy folder, which is directly on my C drive rather than inside my Program Files. SO-O-O I don't know HOW to enter a default browser.