From: Jan Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] copy entire PC files
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 15:49:19 -0700 (PDT)

By other files and folders, I mean all files and folders on my hard drive.
  I want to wipe everything off so I can sell the old PC.
  Other than the Legacy program I have photos and other large programs.

ronald ferguson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Jan,

By "other files and folders" are you referring to non-Legacy stuff ? If so
all your programs will have to be reinstalled and how the data files are
restored will depend on the program so I can't help you on that.

If you are meaning eg. the Legacy multimedia files then again you can use
their back up. If you don't want to have to mess around with Legacy having
to find them on the new laptop then their path(s) will have to be exactly
the same as on your first machine - but it not difficult to point Legacy as
to where to find them. When it can't find one just browse to where it is and
it will find all the others in that folder as well.

With regard to user files and settings carry them across also by whatever
method you are using.

For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://www.fergys.co.uk
*Over 650 Surnames from 11 Countries*
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/