Mike,

Whilst Ancestry are obviously responsible for their indexes they are not
responsible for the images which are from the GRO, and which btw I attach to
the Detail Source.

For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://www.fergys.co.uk
*Over 650 Surnames from 11 Countries*
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:53:21 +0200
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Entering English Sources
>
> ronald ferguson wrote:
>> Ann,
>>
>> Firstly the Censuses are the property of H. M. Government (HMG)
>> through the General Records Office (GRO) and it is they who publish
>> them and technically are the authors.
>
> I think Ancestry would be the authors of the transcribed data. They're
> responsible for all the transcription errors. Which idiot thought that
> Somalia was a replacement for Somerset!
>
> --
> Regards,
> Mike Fry
> Johannesburg.

Celeb spotting – Play CelebMashup and win cool prizes
https://www.celebmashup.com