Mike Fry wrote
I think Ancestry would be the authors of the transcribed data. They're responsible for all the transcription errors. Which idiot thought that Somalia was a replacement for Somerset!

I don't know about other people, but I do not "quote" the transcription errors. What I enter into my family file is what is written in the enumerator's book - ie, what is shown on the image - whether or not this is "correct". I submit corrections to Ancestry whenever I find an error, whether or not this is an individual in whom I have an interest.
--
Jenny M Benson