Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 09:31:12 -0400
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Burial Location and MARRIAGE/Address Reports

Thanks Ron and Cathy!

Cathy's suggestion for arriving at a list of individuals buried in a particular
cemetery is certainly easier and does provide just what I asked for. Ron's
suggestion doesn't seem to answer the question that I asked, but I will give it
a try when I have the time to go through all those steps.The reason I don't
think Ron's suggestion would do what I asked is that cemetery names are not
included in the "location", but instead in the "address" for each particular
burial field. The same is true for coming up with a list of people who died or
were christened in a particular location. That's great, assuming that the
address if the church or hospital is associated only with death and christening.

It seems odd that legacy didn't provide a way to enter an address associated
with a marriage. I have been putting the address in the marriage notes if there
is not already a news article in the marriage notes identifying the church or
other marriage location.

As the information for births, marriages, deaths, and burials is of primary
concern to most of us, it's too bad that Legacy doesn't seem to highlight how
to generate detailed reports concerning these events. At the risk of starting a
dialogue on what's wrong with Family Tree Maker, I'll just mention that it does
allow the creation of such reports (as well as others) that Legacy
doesn't...or, if they do, I can't find that feature in the instructions or the
help guides.

Ron's web site looks very interesting and I will investigate that more
throoughly at a later date!