Why don't you just set up your message rules to delete emails with "same sex" in the subject line? Then others could solve their problems and you could avoid them!?

Pat

----- Original Message ----- From: "GeoSci" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2007 8:19 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] same sex relationships

STOP!!  This is at least the 3rd time  this has come up and all it does is
lead to problems.  Those in charge have banned the topic.  So - no BUTS or
anything else - just STOP!!

On 10/5/07, Allen Prunty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Bert van Kootwijk wrote:
> Not,
> and please drop this discussion.
We can discuss this without discussing the ethics and morality of it.

It's a real issue... I have a cousin who has a same-sex relationship and
he has legally adopted the other guy's child.  The adoption is legal and
therefore the child is technically... well legally... part of the
family.  While my family does not recognize the "relationship" we do
accept the child as family.   I just entered the child as "adopted" in
the parent-child relationship and explained how the child came to be
adopted (and his "partner") in his notes without entering him in the
database.  I then enter the child's biological parents (male and female)
as an unrelated couple.

As some governments are legalizing this in many parts of the world... we
need to have a way to account for it... whether or not we agree with
it.  I don't think we should punish children involved in these
relationships.

Allen

Website: http://home.comcast.net/~geosci64
EMail: GeoSci64 at gmail dot com