I can only add an "Amen" to seeing the original - or, in the case of a web
site, asking these questions of the person who posted the information.
Maybe they provide copies of the original pages?

I have only the marriage/birth/death pages from my maternal grandmother's
Bible.  The rest could not be kept (too damaged by insects from poor
storage in the 20+ years between her death and my receiving the Bible),
but these pages were in the middle and thus the least damaged.  Many of
the entries are in a similar hand (left-handed writer) and in pencil.  The
last name is spelled "Rains" and "Raines" on the same page.

Some of the entries are in a childish hand - I can see a child either
filling in what she thought she knew or quizzing an available adult:
"Grandma, when was xxxx born?" "When did yyyy get married?".  Some of the
more mature writing is in the death dates, with notations such as "66
years, 3 months, 4 days".

Obviously, I need other supporting data for the entries in the childish
hand and there are some that I may never have verification on: "Halice -
May 1, 1881 - Sep 3, 1881".

John