Jess M wrote:
Sure, it's Beaufort county, North Carolina, circa
1690's to early 1700's.
An excerpt from her book: "Beaufort Precinct of Bath
Co. became Beaufort Co. in 1705, but oftentimes
counties were formed years before they functioned as
new counties because of lack of men and facilities. So
it was with Beaufort. The area was lightly populated."

1705 - Bath Co. divided into Wickham, Archdale, Pamptecough Precincts
1710 - North Carolina and South Carolina made separate provinces
1712 - Pamptecough name changed to Beaufort. Archdale name changed to Craven. Wickham name changed to Hyde.

There were other changes according to where in Beaufort you are talking about. For instance Pitt County was form in 1760 from the western half of Beaufort. The link I gave in my previous post shows graphically how it evolved so you can trace it to the present day and make the appropriate notations in the location notes in Legacy. (See, it does have to do with Legacy and how to enter date therein. <g>)

The correct location for pre 1705 would be Bath County, Province of Carolina,
Great Britain.

In 1705 the name would have changed to Pamptecough Precinct, Province of
Carolina, Great Britain.

In 1710 it would have been Pamptecough Precinct, Province of North Carolina,
Great Britain.

In 1712 It would have been Beaufort, Province of North Carolina, Great Britain.

I would enter it by the correct historical location name for the time period in question and in the notes for those locations give the evolution of the location to the current place name. It becomes more historically correct and avoids problems with the county verifier.

Hope this was a help,
--
Gene Y.
Researching Young, Zies, Harer & Cox.