Tom,

RE: your first question - that is nearly what I do. I have a Master Source for 
*all* Obituaries and I put the name of the newspaper in the Details (but I am a 
lumper!). There is nothing wrong with doing it the way you suggest.

I have often found names (rather than residences) from Obituaries and as you 
imply I use the Obituary Master Source as the source for the name. Similarly if 
you use the Residence Event for the addresses then the Obituary Master Source 
can be used as the source for this Event.

Ron Ferguson
_____________________________________________________________________

For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://www.fergys.co.uk
*Over 650 Surnames from 11 Countries*
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/
_____________________________________________________________________

________________________________
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [email protected]
Subject: [LegacyUG] A Question About Sourcing
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 07:54:24 -0400

I'm assuming that it's not necessary to create a separate source for each 
obituary as I did when I was using Family Tree Maker. Would an appropriate 
Master Source title be: Obituary in  ?

When using the prior program I would often cite someone else's obituary as the 
source for a piece of information, such as the current residence of a child or 
other relative of the deceased. What would be an appropriate method of doing 
this when using Legacy?

Thank you,

Tom Herson
Ithaca, NY
AIM  HersonIthaca


_________________________________________________________________
Celeb spotting – Play CelebMashup and win cool prizes
https://www.celebmashup.com


Legacy User Group guidelines:
   http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
Archived messages:
   http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
Online technical support: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp
To unsubscribe: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp


Reply via email to