Teresa,

It would be great if everyone had your skill level using computers, but this
isn't the case.  I do a lot of telephone technical support so I am very
aware of the broad spectrum of computer literacy among Legacy users.

Some people are not only new to Legacy, but they may also be relatively new
to computers and the Internet.

On the other hand, we have people who are very skilled with computers and
know how to use an Internet search engine or browse web sites for the
information they seek.

I am also aware of some faithful Legacy users with various disabilities --
anything from visual impairment, beginning stages of Alzheimers, dyslexia,
terminal cancer and so forth.

Wouldn't it be a terrible shame to be rude or discourteous to someone
struggling with one of these problems?

So we ask everyone to be patient with some seemingly basic questions and
overlook too many "thank you" replies to the LUG. (However, I won't overlook
rudeness.)

We do have a great many helps to assist users in learning Legacy, but it
isn't always obvious to people where to go for them.

Thank you,

Jim Terry
Technical Support
Legacy Family Tree


No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition. 
Version: 7.5.488 / Virus Database: 269.15.1/1079 - Release Date: 10/19/2007
5:10 AM
 




Legacy User Group guidelines:
   http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
Archived messages:
   http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
Online technical support: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp
To unsubscribe: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp


Reply via email to