-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kathy
Shiell-Stokes
Sent: Sunday, 28 October 2007 5:29 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] RE: both Patrick's have the same RIN, and both
Elizabeth's have the same RIN [ was Oh dear am I in a mess ]

Valerie:
Have you imported these folks recently? It appears as though they
somehow got duplicated during a recent import. The solution is to do
a merge and merge them all together....then your linkages should be
correct. You can verify this  by looking on family view and seeing
how many spouses each one has...if more than what they should have
then you know you have"ghost" marriages that a merge should take care
of....HOWEVER...you need to be very careful when doing merges that
you don't accidentally merge people that should not be merged(if you
have a lot of unknowns in your file you'll need to very carefully
examine surrounding families to determine if they are actually
duplicates.) Legacy has an automerge feature that works really
nicely...but always make a backup of your file before you try merging
these folks. The good news is that if you just unlinked them they are
probably still in your file. Try running Tree finder( on the top
menu, click on view and then look for Tree Finder.....Click on that
and see how many "trees" show up...I'm betting that you may have a
bunch of them....The kicker is that Tree Finder does not
automatically refresh itself....You'll need to click on Refresh after
you do your merges.
Keep us posted on how things go....Email me off list if you need
intensive assistance...First advice is to take deep breaths... KathyAt