Hi All:

I have a question about how to get "detail" added to source citations when I
import a file.

Specifically, I have downloaded from the Pedigree Resource File a person's
entire submission - ~1,000 individuals. I have gone through all the
instructions in Legacy's help system (e.g. Database Management Notes by
Joseph V. Leavitt) and am ready to do the merge.

I want to add an assigned source to every individual in the file I am
merging. So I chose assign a master source. I then see that I get sent to
the list of master source citations I have in my master database - i.e. a
list that contains the master Pedigree Resource File source. Great so far.

However, the dilemma is that I want to add source detail to every individual
identifying the CD and other information of the submitter. From what I can
tell, Legacy will only allow me to assign a "master source" and not add the
"detail" that is necessary to identify the specifics of the submission.

Is there a way to do add this detail? Thanks,

Greg