From: Greg McMurdie [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 11:36 PM
To: 'LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com'
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Source "Detail" Citations on Import

Thanks Cathy,

Since this is the first import I've attempted, I'm sure it's my lack of
knowledge of how sources are imported and/or merged.

I agree, the best way to go would be to source all individuals in the file I
want merged, and then merge this file into the master.

Since I'm not sure how sources are imported or merged, let me ask you. In my
"master" file, I have hundreds of individuals that use the Pedigree Resource
File as the master source. I used the source clipboard to add "Source
Details" such as the submission number, the "Recorded Date" and other
information.

In the file I want to merge with the master, I've created the same Pedigree
Resource File master source (at least as far as I can tell - maybe I'll add
a "2" at the end so when the files are merged, I can then distinguish the
two master sources before merging them as well).

Then I should do as Leon suggests, and tag everyone and use Advanced
Sourcing to copy this source to every individual in the file.

Then merge the two files, merge that duplicates, and finally merge the two
master Pedigree Resource File sources, right?

Thanks for your help.

Greg