I have recently experienced a hard drive failure which required purchasing a new drive and re-installing all programs including Legacy.

Luckily, I have good backups of my data and didn't lose any of my family history research or photos.

In reading posts of the past, many people have recommended storing data and photos under the "my documents" folder to facilitate easier backups. Since I have to rebuild the computer, I thought that now would be a good time to institute this change to the storage location.

I have restored the data to the "my documents/genealogy" folder with the subfolders of Data, Web, photos, and sounds.

I maintain my photos under the photos subdirectory with a separate sub for each family name and under each of these a subfolder with the head of family names. Very similar to the color coded method to manually store family information. I have also made the proper adjustments to the locations tab under customize|locations. When I open the file, however, none of the photos appear as they have the old path listed as the photo location.

Is there a way that I can batch change the locations for all photos? I maintain over 12,000 individuals and 1000's of photos, I'm afraid that my first social security check may proceed my completion if I have to do it one-by-one.

Any help would be appreciated!

Jay Van Zeeland