Jay,

I am making the assumption that your sub-folders correspond to those which you
had when you stored the photos elsewhere.

That being so, all that is needed is to select a 'photo-place' in Legacy and
you will see a pop-up saying the photo cannot be found; elect to search for
yourself and go to the folder where that photo now is and Legacy will find all
those in that folder. Repeat for 'photo-place' for each of the sub-folders.

For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://www.fergys.co.uk
*Over 650 Surnames from 11 Countries*
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: [LegacyUG] Moving Photo locations
> Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 08:42:12 -0500
>
> I have recently experienced a hard drive failure which required purchasing a
> new drive and re-installing all programs including Legacy.
>
> Luckily, I have good backups of my data and didn't lose any of my family
> history research or photos.
>
> In reading posts of the past, many people have recommended storing data and
> photos under the "my documents" folder to facilitate easier backups. Since I
> have to rebuild the computer, I thought that now would be a good time to
> institute this change to the storage location.
>
> I have restored the data to the "my documents/genealogy" folder with the
> subfolders of Data, Web, photos, and sounds.
>
> I maintain my photos under the photos subdirectory with a separate sub for
> each family name and under each of these a subfolder with the head of family
> names. Very similar to the color coded method to manually store family
> information. I have also made the proper adjustments to the locations tab
> under customize|locations. When I open the file, however, none of the photos
> appear as they have the old path listed as the photo location.
>
> Is there a way that I can batch change the locations for all photos? I
> maintain over 12,000 individuals and 1000's of photos, I'm afraid that my
> first social security check may proceed my completion if I have to do it
> one-by-one.
>
> Any help would be appreciated!
>
> Jay Van Zeeland

100’s of Music vouchers to be won with MSN Music
https://www.musicmashup.co.uk