Hi Philip,

With complicated situations, you just have to work through it carefully, person by person, relationship by relationship. Make sure you have the correct set of parents (or father or mother and unknown/blank) showing before adding or linking a child. If you are linking a child, make sure you link to a couple if that "marriage" already exists in your database or you'll create another "marriage" for the parent you them to.

Some situations can best be handled in notes rather than in adding a second set of parents. I think I'd do this with your "Asian child".

Of course Legacy assumes a "marriage" when you enter a child. All children have two biological parents however the egg and sperm came together. On the marriage information screen there is the check box you want to note if they were not married.
You then have the choice of changing the wording for this relationship.

When you unlink someone, they are not deleted. However, they or the person you were interested in going to next, may have disappeared off the screen. Find them in Index View and then return to Family View or by using the History buttons to navigate back to them.

Cathy