I have an great uncle who married and adopted 2 children.
I have marked in the children settings that they are adopted to his mother
and father and child status.
My great uncle then seperated from his wife and lived in a defacto
relationship with another woman when the children were very young.
In the family view with his first wife it does not show that these two boys
were adopted and neither does it show in the reports.
In the family view with his second wife it shows 1/2.
How can I show in my reports that these two boys were adopted.
I do not know their birth parents.
TIA
Cheers
Marg

On 29/10/2007, Cathy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The Family View 1/2 kids options doesn't intend to show just half
> siblings. The 1/2 here means that one of the parents showing is a
> parent of the child. Repeat - it does not mean that they are a half
> sibling of the full children. So this includes Step relationships.
>
> The Family View with 1/2 kids showing is for your convenience to be
> able to see all the children of the PARENTS at once - not as an
> accurate description of relationships between the children.
>
> Note step-children from a previous relationship of one of the parents
> showing in family view are not included when you choose to View 1/2
> kids. This is because neither of the parents showing are their parent.
>
> The Family Group Sheets and the Book Reports etc will attach the kids
> to the right marriages provided they are linked to the right parents.
>
> Cathy
>
> At 08:35 PM 28/10/2007, you wrote:
>
> >My STEP brother and sisters show up as a 1/2 brother and 1/2
> >sisters.  Can anyone tell me how to correct this?  Thanks, Marilea
> >
> >We would have to have at least one common biological parent which we
> >don't to be 1/2's.
>

> Legacy User Group guidelines:
>   http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
> Archived messages:
>   http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/

Cheers
Marg
Ulladulla
View my Family Web Page
http://users.on.net/~hopemarg

View my Genealogy Journals on FamilyTreeCircles.com

http://www.familytreecircles.com/user/hopemarg/