Leslie,

You can Open a Gedom in note pad and have a look at the contents before you
send it. Similarly the recipients can also open it in Notepad and check before
importing into their files - you could even swop the txt files so that you can
both compare the versions.

An alternative: Before exporting it, import into a new file on Legacy and have
a look there. I take it, btw, that you are exporting the Ged 5.5 version?

I believe that FTM may have problems importing some Gedcoms but do not know the
details, so all that you can do is to ensure it's OK when it leaves you.

For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://www.fergys.co.uk
*Over 650 Surnames from 11 Countries*
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/