Thanks for all the Help -- I'm still undecided about what to do. By and large I file census images in a separate location and don't link them into Legacy -- but I like the option of being abe to do that--when I attach a .pdf file as a Sound file I just get a Sound icon in the picture window -- I think that's going to be different in Legacy 7 though.

Heritage Quest just offers the .pdf and .tif download options -- though I can right-click on the image and save it as a .jpg. There's something about the .pdf that I like a lot -- I'm not sure what!!

Thanks again for the suggestions!

Pat